Thursday, December 13, 2012

Still in the hospital

This is day three of my hospital stay! I'm ready to be at home but we haven't found the right combo of drugs to make that possible.

My butt is pretty sore. I've been receiving phenergan shots at least three times a day there. Of all the things we've tried it seems to be working the best. But since I can't get shots like that at home we have to come up with an at home solution. So we are trying alternating compazine and phenergan suppositories. Yippee...not much fun but such is life. Being so sick I can't drink water isn't much fun either.

I've come to the conclusion that I may be allergic to zofran. Both my injection sites for the subcutaneous pump look and feel awful. When they gave it to me via IV (they started it again Tuesday night) it seemed to make things worse, not better. I did better on just the phenergan shots. So we've stopped the zofran entirely.

My sweet little boy came to see me Tuesday evening. I miss him! He brought me a balloon and my husband's dad and his cousin both brought flowers. It brightened my day. I also have my son's stuffed hippo here keeping me company.

I'm ready for this battle to be over. It's wearing me down fast. I can't move my right arm freely because of the IV. If I want to take a shower they have to remove my fluid drip and tape Saran wrap over my IV.

Anyway I'm trying to fight through eating my lunch so I'm going to stop for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment