Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A triumph and a test

Trying something new today. The Prima Bella bracelet. It sends an electric pulse through the nerves to the emetic center of the brain to try and restore the stomach to a normal rhythm therefore taking away the nausea. We're using it in conjunction with the phenergan and reglan.

It has been one of those days. I woke up feeling sick and it hasn't let up much since. The bracelet seems to help some but it certainly isn't taking everything away. I know at this point there is no miracle cure but it would sure be nice to have some relief.

Thankfully I am eating and drinking enough that my body isn't breaking down anymore. Yay! Not only does this mean I don't have to be hospitalized it also means baby should be getting the things needed to grow. We won't know for sure until the 20 week anatomy scan but the fact that I'm able to keep food and water down is a real blessing. Some women cannot and end up with feeding tubes and constant IVs. I'm so thankful I have a moderate case of HG.

No comments:

Post a Comment